Prepare Anti Inflammatory Sweet Potato Muffins
Because all of us absolutely adore muffins, today we are going to share with you a recipe for healthy muffins, filled with anti inflammatory and antioxidant properties. And they are super easy to make too!
The main ingredient for these muffins are sweet potatoes. They are highly beneficial for your health. The flesh of the potatoes is rich in beta carotene, destroying the free radicals in the body.
Anti Inflammatory Sweet Potato Muffins
The free radicals can be very dangerous because they affect the DNA of the cells, which leads to mutations, which can often lead to cancer.
The sweet potatoes are also high in nutrients that prevent chronic and acute inflammation, something that can lead to severe health issues and chronic diseases.
For the preparation of these extra healthy muffins, you will need:
- one roasted small organic potato
- three organic eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup of organic brown rice flour
- ¾ cup of organic and canned coconut milk
- ½ cup of organic, pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup of coconut flour, organic
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons of organic olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon of Himalayan salt, pink
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees (Fahrenheit), and thoroughly oil the muffin tray. Poke holes in the sweet potatoes, put the middle rack on, and cook them for an hour.
Then remove the sweet potatoes, leave them to cool off, and remove the skin. You can later on consume the skin as a snack, for it contains plenty of nutrients too.
Then, add all of the other ingredients and mix them all up together until you create a homogenous mixture. Stir the ingredients well and create a rich and thick batter.
After that, just pour it into the muffin tins, and cook them in the middle rack of the oven for about half an hour, and your muffins are ready. Serve them to your family and friends, we are sure that they would be delighted to have tasted them!