Blood Type Diet for Rapid Weight Loss
Having a diet designed for your blood type can help you to lose weight and to get healthier because it allows you to absorb the essential nutrients and to digest the food more rapidly.
Depending on the type of blood, there are certain foods that can provide you with increased level of energy, protect you against developing diseases, and make you lose weight in a very short period of time.
Blood Type Diet
Here are the best foods that you should include in your diet according to your blood type.
Blood Type O
People with blood type O most commonly have good digestive systems and fast metabolisms. They usually have overactive immune systems and they are capable of fighting against different diseases.
- Foods to eat: food that is high in protein, such as seafood and red meat, red and yellow fruits and vegetables, leafy green vegetables, mainly broccoli, spinach, and kale, soy, legumes, pulses, and nuts, especially pecans and cashews.
- Foods to avoid: navy and kidney beans, lentils, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, corn, and wheat.
Blood Type A
The people with blood type A usually deal with weak stomach acid and indigestion, which is why they are genetically programmed to have a vegetarian diet. These people don’t have any difficulties to make changes in their diets.
- Foods to eat: vegetarian foods, soy-based foods, beans, whole grains, legumes, seafood, tofu, all kinds of vegetables and vegetable oils, as well as fruits, especially pineapple.
- Foods to avoid: all kinds of meat, wheat, lime and kidney beans, and dairy products.
Blood Type B
Those with blood type B respond well to a meat-based diet. They have strong nervous and immune systems, and they can easily adapt to dietary changes.
Nevertheless, these people should eliminate foods from their diet that can cause fatigue, hypoglycemia, and fluid retention.
- Foods to eat: low-fat dairy products, eggs, beans, grains, legumes, licorice, meat, especially liver and venison, all kinds of fruits, dark leafy green vegetables, and tea.
- Foods to avoid: wheat, buckwheat, corn, lentils, sesame seeds, peanuts, tomatoes, and chicken meat.
Blood Type AB
People with blood type AB should have a slightly alkaline diet in order to strengthen their immune system.
They are likely to suffer from low stomach acid and to have difficulty metabolizing certain foods, such as meat, so they have to pay attention to the frequency and size of their meals.
- Foods to eat: dairy products, whole grains, beans, legumes, seafood, seaweed, tofu, green vegetables, fruits, mainly pineapple, and moderate amounts of lean meat.
- Foods to avoid: red meat, buckwheat, corn, seeds, as well as lima and kidney beans. Since these people most commonly have low stomach acid they should avoid consuming caffeine and alcohol.