Health Benefits of Papaya Seeds No One Knows About
We are all aware of the health benefits the papaya can bring us. But few of us know what the seeds of the papaya can do for us. This is why, in addition, we give you a small list of the most important health benefits you might get from consuming the papaya seeds.
- Kidney health – they are great for destroying diseases caused by kidney poisoning, they improve the health of the kidneys and prevent renal disease.
- Liver health – the papaya seeds are loaded with nutrients, which can do good to the liver. To detoxify your liver and prevent any disease, just take 5-6 papaya seeds, ground them up nicely and add them to your food or lime juice. Do this for 30 days and your liver will be as good as new.
- Antibacterial and antiviral properties – just a small amount of these seeds are more than enough to get rid of bacteria such as Salmonella, Staph, E.coli. They are also effective when it comes to infections such as Dengue and Typhoid. In Nigeria, the remedy for a Typhoid fever is mixture of papaya seeds with milk.
- Anti inflammatory properties – the papaya seeds can relieve joint pain, arthritis, redness and swelling.
- No more parasites – the papaya seeds improve the metabolism and make the digestive tract a hostile environment for any parasites. They contain an alkaloid known as Carpaine, which effectively destroys amoeba parasites and intestinal worms.
- Cancer – the nutrients which are a part of the papaya seeds inhibit the growth of tumors and cancer cells. They can prevent leukemia, lung, breast, colon and prostate cancer.
- Improved digestion – the papaya seeds contain an enzyme called papain, which iss found beneficial in the digestion of protein. In addition to this, these seeds are the best option for women who are trying to conceive.
- Natural contraceptive – and yet, they work the other way around too. It can work for both men and women, without any unwanted side effects. With men, one teaspoon a day, consumed in a period of three months can reduce the sperm production and yet not affect the libido. But, because this is a temporary effect, the sperm will come back to normal once you stop consuming the papaya seeds.
You can eat the papaya seeds raw, crushed, in salad dressings, with milk, honey, and even make a fresh papaya juice (this is made from the papaya leaves).
To make it you are going to need 2 papaya leaves, all washed up and cut in small pieces. Squeeze the pulp through a cloth and take out 2 tablespoons of the juice, which you should consume every day.
As a final note, there are some side efffects when consuming the papaya seeds. Pregnant women and those who are breastfeeding could not consume the seeds nor the leaves from the papaya.
The papaya also contains very strong anti parasitic effects, making it too heavy for children. Before giving it to yours, consult with a doctor first.