Simple Cucumber Recipes
There are so many ways to consume cucumbers, weather raw, pickled or juiced. Of course, preferring them fresh is always the best idea. Drinking fresh-made green juice is almost equal to receiving an infusion full of vitamins, minerals and enzymes. The nutrition go straight into our system without being broken down and that’s what we are looking for while practicing healthy dieting. The feeling of being energized and the instant boost our immune system gets are an additional bonus. Here are some simple cucumber recipes you can prepare in 5 minutes or maybe less.
Green Summer Soup
Grate a cucumber in a bowl, add 1 cup of water, 2 pinches of salt, 2-3 cloves of diced garlic or garlic powder and 1 or 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar. For even healthier choice, use lemon juice instead of vinegar. Mix all together and let it sit in the fridge for 15 minutes. Served as it is – cold.
Slice a cucumber (squares or round slices) in a plate and add 2 pinches of salt. Put fresh parsley and diced garlic on top. Pour a mixture of olive oil and lemon juice all over the salad.
Grate a cucumber, add liquid yogurt (500ml) and ½ teaspoon salt. Mix together with crushed walnuts, diced garlic and some olive oil. Instead of liquid yogurt, try using a mixture of Greek yogurt and water. Optional: add dill or fresh parsley or even a pinch of black pepper.
Slice these veggies in squares: cucumber, tomato and onion. Do the same with the white cheese. Add olives, oregano, salt and olive oil. Mix it gently. If you’d like, you can mix the salad with your bare hands. Make sure it gets soaked in its own juices and voila!
Try these combinations:
- cucumber, kale, lemon and parsley for detox
- cucumber, pineapple, coconut milk and flakes for feeling full
- cucumber, banana, kiwi, spinach and coconut milk
- cucumber, spinach, lemon, ginger and cilantro for cleansing
- cucumber, avocado, blueberries, banana and almond milk for brain boosting
- cucumber, beets, pineapple and mint for strength
- cucumber, watermelon and mint for refreshment
- cucumber, 100% natural apple juice, mint
- cucumber and celery as daily antioxidant
You can prepare your lemon water in a minute. It’s so easy and quick and the taste is divine! The benefits are numerous.
Slice the cucumber and the lemon and put them in a pitcher. Add water and few fresh mint leaves. It’s OK if you don’t have any mint leaves, just skip that. You can drink this cucumber water immediately or for a stronger taste, let it cool in your fridge for an hour.
In addition, we want to let you know that you can mix your cucumber water with these suggested combinations:
- Cucumber water with lemon juice and fresh mint (see above)
- Cucumber water with herbs, try rosemary
- Cucumber, strawberry and lemon water (optional: mint or basil) for detox
- Cucumber water with basil
- Cucumber and fruit water for rejuvenation
- Cucumber, lemon, ginger and mint water for the immune system boost